- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
khaptad Tour, 6N-7D
Trek through the rolling hills of the Khaptad National Park (about 3000 m) through subtropical forest of Chir pine at lower altitude, and sub alpine forests of fir, hemlock, oak and rhododendron in the higher areas. Khaptad National Park in west Nepal is the Home of Late Khaptad Swami, the renowned scholar and a hermit. The park with rolling hills of grasslands and forests of subtropical, temperate and sub alpine vegetation, is also a rich natural habitat. The park boasts of 224 species of medicinal herbs and offers excellent bird watching opportunities, with 270 species of birds, the common ones being different varieties of impheyan pheasant, partrides, flycatchers, bulbuls, cuckoos and eagles. Animals in the park are barking deer, wild boar, ghoral, Himalayan black bear, yellow-throated marten, rhesus monkey and langur monkey. The park also offers religious sightseeing at Tribeni on the way to its headquarters. There are several historical temples surrounding this area and an annual celebration of Ganga Dashhara is held here every Jestha Purnima. Another religious site is Sahashra Linga at 3200m, the highest point of the park. Other religious areas in the park include Ganesh Temple, Nagdhunga, and Kedardhunga. These areas are ideal places for meditation. Towards the northeast of the park is Khaptad Lake where a festival is held every August and September.
- Accommodation: Tourist Standard Hotels/Lodges on Full board basis (AP basis) on sharing basis.
- Access: Scorpio 4WD Jeep.
- Experience Professional Guide.
- Sight-seeing Entrance fees.
- First aid (Medical kits).
- Personal interest items. Misplace of goods & having except inside hotel & vehicle.
- In case of strike, expenses for extra overnights and extra over days beside the trip
No Details Found
- Day 1: Kathmandu to Attariya/ Khani Danda\
- Day 2: Khanidanda to Jhigrana
- Day 3: Jhigrana to Khaptad
- Day 4: Explore Khaptad National Park
- Day 5: Trek Back to Jhigrana, Drive to Dipayal/ Silgadhi via Phulot Village
- Day 6: Dipayal to Dhangadhi
- Day 7: Dhangadhi to Kathmandu